Tuesday 8 May 2012

Flowers of Chenonceau

If you come away with only one impression from Chenonceau it has to be the gorgeous flowers both within and outside the chateau.

Sumptuous arrangements adorn almost every room...




And, yes, they are real... I know; I tested them!

Outside the gardens of the wife of Francis I, Catherine de Medici, and of his mistress, Diane de Poitiers, differ in style but are both magnificent.


The area next to the vegetable garden had an additional delight in store when we last visited...


Simply stunning and an absolute delight to see!

3 comments:

Pollygarter said...

I didn't know Chenonceau was a hospital for war wounded during the Great War - so many places were. Lovely red white and blue arrangement! Very appropriate for 8th May.

The Broad said...

Chenonceau! A beautiful and inspiring place -- possibly the favourite of all the buildings I've visited and I long to go again.

Jean said...

We haven't been to Chenonceau for too many years. On the two occasions that we have been it was the huge architectural flower arrangements everywhere that left the most lasting impression.