Tuesday 29 May 2012

This One's for Jean...

Jean, a very good friend of ours, writes a wonderful blog about baking which can be seen here

I say this only to point out the contrast with what is to follow.

In a moment of insanity I bought a packet mix to make "macarons".. I will live to regret it.


The results are here....


My only defence is that the instructions on the packet are in French


and I was VERY tired when I made them. Well, hey ho! NEVER AGAIN!!!

For all future baking ideas and recipes, please refer to Jean on the above blog address!


4 comments:

GaynorB said...

What's that song? Things can only get better ...

How did they taste?

Colin and Elizabeth said...

They tasted just about as bad as they looked! So, yes, things can only get better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry but...Ha ha ha, That has just made me smile whilst on my lunch break at work

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, it takes somone with special skills to bake something as unusual as thqt !!
at least you are braver thqn me, I hzven,t dared try ,making them at all yet !!
Jean XX