Wednesday 23 May 2012

Tomatoes and other crops. Potager 2012

At last we have managed to transplant this years tomato plants exactly 3 weeks later than last year. We always grow plants from seeds and because of the cold start nothing wanted to grow but over the last couple of weeks, despite the rain, the tomatoes have grown sufficiently (just) to be transplanted. The cucumbers and peppers however are a different story, it will be a while before these are ready.


Other crops are also growing with a spurt, the lettuce, also grown from seed, have got to harvesting stage and we will be having one tonight with our meal. The first salad for weeks!! Also, as can be seen, the peas are progressing well as are the potatoes, onions and the first batch of haricot verts. The down side is that the weeds are growing even faster, as weeds do...

The big plus is that the last couple of days of sun (that big yellow thing we haven't seen for ages) has started to ripen our strawberries... Yum Yum...
Things are looking up...

2 comments:

Diane said...

The only things in our garden that look good are the potatoes, onions and garlic. I also planted out my tomato seedlings today but I am not convinced that they are very happy! Oh I do have some courgettes coming up :) Diane

Anonymous said...

Our garden is also so far behind - I can't believe how late everything is this year!

I've nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger award on my blog at
http://ladyjustine.wordpress.com/2012/05/24/being-versatile/

because I love reading your blog so much!