Monday 25 June 2012

And now there are two!

Last week, when we picked Elizabeth 2 up from Tours airport, we called in 'Ikea' as you do when passing... Ikea is most definitely a 'Do not want anything specific but usually end up with something' place 

I have been looking for a small something or other on which to fit a 4" metal vice I bought when back in the UK in May.  With that in mind we trundled around and I spotted ----


at €37 I thought it was just the job, so duly noting where to collect it from we bought one... However when it arrived á la maison and I had assembled it....  Elizabeth 1 decided it looked very nice in the kitchen and would be ideal for storing our large pans....

So not to be defeated, on returning with the two Elizabeths to Tours airport, I called in on my way back and bought another....  Put together with a quick coat of varnish and the vice bolted down, a good mobile workbench I say...


I think when I go back to Tours to pick up Elizabeth 1 up, I will call in and buy another one!!!! I am sure it will come in for something!!!!




13 comments:

Jean said...

I wonder how many people ever go into Ikea just to look around and come out with nothing ??!!

Your BEKVAM looks like a bargain to me.....wonder where we could put one - we're bound to need it ??!!

GaynorB said...

You're probably right ... and I thought it was only the female of the species that bought the at least three of everything - usually in three different colours!

Diane said...

I have never been inside an Ikea, maybe it is time I had a look..... Diane

Tim said...

Gaynor, why does one have to be female to buy three of everything! Ask Pauline... she reckons it is why I have so much "STUFF"!!
And, if I can brave IKEATours... I'll probably get one for the same purpose as Colin... [Pauline, don't read this!]

Tim said...

Colin, a large roll of wipes mounted on the side would come in useful... as would a switched extension cable on the back for the inevitable power tools that will be used with said vice... etc., etc.

Stephen said...

Now i know were I get it from.....haha brilliant :)

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Tim: Good idea's I also have an anglepoise lamp in Preston, I wonder if it will fit in Elizabeth's case!!

Diane... Its time you did, I will send Elizabeth down to see you, she is the Ikea worshipper in our house although I have to admit their stuff is generally well priced especially here in France.

Ron Ron said...

Diane, don't ever go on a Jour du Fete, w/e, football of rugby match day!!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Yes, I'm sure you'll find a space for it somewhere Jean!! Just think of all the baking books you could fit on the shelves... and it's an extra work surface for the cooling rack when your baking comes out of the oven. And of course it has wheels so it could double up as a hostess trolley.....

Colin and Elizabeth said...

PAULINE READ OUR BLOG!!!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

It's something you should do at least once whilst you are still of sound enough mind to remember that every pocket has it's limits!!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

A kitchen roll dispenser fixed on the side would come in useful and a mirror and cooling face wipes for those "slaving over the hot stove" moments.... Maybe an atomiser with an uplifting fragrance...

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Just don't get it QUITE as bad as your dad!!!